Sunday, January 30, 2011

She Would've Been 3 Today




She would have been 3 today.
I miss her smile. I miss her face.

But I believe always, always

Our Savior never fails!
Even when all hope is gone
God knows our pain and His promise remains ...
He will be with you. Always.


When you lose a child you mourn not just the day that they left your life but the day they came into it ... or the day they would have come into it. I used to be afraid that I would forget about our little Joslyn Grace. We never held her alive and only I ever felt her squirm and kick. I thought that as our lives went on the pregnancy would just become a vague memory. That hasn't happened though. I think about Joslyn more now than I ever have. When I see pictures of our family I know a face is missing. When I see a picture of the three kids I always ache for the fourth little smile. It's not complete. So when January rolls around and we are done celebrating Adam and Kennedy's birthdays I mourn the one that isn't here.
But, it's okay. And I really believe that is okay. It is hard. But it is okay. There will be a day when I hold her again, when I get to see her face, her smile. A day when the picture will be complete!

We which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
 I Thessalonians 4:15-18

Friend I don't know where you are
And I don't know where you've been
Maybe you're fighting for your life
Or just about to throw the towel in
But if you're crying out for mercy
If there's no hope left at all
If you've given everything you've got
And you're still about to fall

Well hold on, hold on, hold on

'Cause I believe always always
Our Savior never fails
Even when all faith is gone
God knows our pain and His promise remains
Always, Always
He will be with you always
He will be with you always
He will be with you

No comments: