Life has tough questions.
We are in a very CrAzY place in our life right now. Very unsure of most answers. Very unsure. Very.
But, I am sure of who I have chosen to believe. I do believe that God has a plan for us. I do believe that God will take care of us. I am certain that God loves us. And yet I cry, at the very least, once a day because I am so UNSURE of what is coming next. And I am so convicted because how is it faith if we don't fully believe? I want to believe - Lord, help my unbelief!
I know this much - that life goes on. I am still trying to figure out how to make it go smoothly not knowing what surprise we are in for each morning. School is back in swing, not full swing because I'm still lazy like that, but our 100th day is tomorrow. This is the first year we've celebrated the 100th day of school. It will be a party to remember!
I am excited to report that I have reached my pre-pregnancy weight. I did that back in December when I took a blogging break because everyone except my husband was dying (well, maybe not dying) from some horrible illness that caused really bad headaches, coughs and high fevers (and abnormally low body temps in the baby). 7 days of being sick afforded 9 lbs of weight loss for me. Yay! I'll take it. And then I'll take some more. My goal is 10 lbs in 10 weeks. To be 10 lbs under by the baby's birthday will make me super happy. That's the short term goal. The long term goal is 31 lbs by my 31st birthday (another friend is aiming for 32 by her 32nd). That would bring me to first baby pre-pregnancy weight!
So to recap the new year - new me:
Events of the new year-
1. Hubby turned 30 -- he had Wipeout birthday party
2. Oldest baby turned 7 -- she is having a Fancy Nancy party if I can get my act together.
3. Everyone is well and we had 8 inches of snow a week ago. Praise the Lord it is all melting! I'm over it.
4. Hubs is still looking for a job and trying to enter school. Pray for us.
The new me -
1. Really believing what I believe. Really.
2. Losing 10 lbs in 10 weeks. 31 lbs by November 16th
Achieving the new me -
1. Spending (much more) time in God's word.
2. Spending (much more) time in prayer. Starting with 7x7
3. Actually starting that gratitude journal I've been meaning to do
4. 30 minutes of exercise daily - I don't get a break. I don't deserve one ;)
5. 32 ounces of water a day (baby, itty bitty, baby steps)
6. Only 2 diet cokes a day (a goal shared by my fabulous friend Winnie who is in Hawaii for 2 months!)
And so I desperately need some accountability. Any takers?? Any encouragers??