Monday, November 29, 2010

A New Stocking

I am so excited about this month's Create With Me Project! I was so thrilled when Kari announced that we would be making a stocking or tree skirt (or both!). I had come across the girls' stockings at Strausburg while I was pregnant with each of them. I went in search last year for Haden and found out that they no longer made them. I didn't want to have to replace their stockings but wanted them to all "go" together. I decided to make one and Kari was just the motivation I needed!

Haden's stocking is a dark red corduroy with a flour sack cuff and lining. I traced Aubrey's stocking onto newspaper (easier than printing out the template provided) and then cut out my pieces.

The little gingerbread boy is made from felt with ric rac icing and french knot eyes, nose, mouth and buttons.


Brown jingle bells adorn the cuff



I was really surprised at how well the stocking turned out and how easy it was! It fits in nicely with the other stockings!




 

lil luna link party button

1 comment:

bran said...

adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!