Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kool Dough

We spent the evening getting ready for our March lessons; printing out maps of Ireland, coloring pictures for a "flannelgraph" story, and making green play dough.

This is the first I've tried making play dough with Kool-Aid and I really, really liked it. Very simple. And I loved not having to cook the dough.

You'll need

2 1/2 cups flour
2 packets kool-aid
1/2 cup salt
2 cups boiling water
3 tablespoons cooking oil

Mix the dry ingredients




Boil 2 cups of water


Add oil and boiling water to dry ingredients. Mix quickly.






Once the dough has cooled knead it a bit. Store in air tight container.



Very simple and it smells yummy! 




2 comments:

Theresa said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I used to teach pre-school (before I had kids) and we used to make this EXACT recipe for play-doh and it was THE BEST playdough. It smelled soooo good and was exactly the right consistency. And, I lost the recipe and the teacher I worked with that gave it to me...is nowhere to be found (not on fb, phone number changed, emails get bounced back, our fellow teachers didn't keep up with her)....SOOOOOO excited!!!! I want to make this!!

Becky said...

Yay! Glad you can use it! I also taught pre-school before I had kids. I was looking through some of my old teacher's books looking for something Saint Patrick's Day and found quite the assortment of play dough recipes.