Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chicken Chili

Chicken Chili

Yum!! I am making this for our small group tomorrow! My sweet sister-in-law, Vanessa, shared the recipe with me and said I could share it here! It is very easy to make and so very delicious. It is called White Chicken Chili but since it is technically not white, I'll just refer to it as chicken chili =)

Chicken Chili

3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cut up
3 cans great northern beans
1 jar salsa
1 carton chicken stock (I use a little less than the whole carton)
2 heaping teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
16 oz pepperjack cheese

Combine all ingredients except for the pepperjack cheese in a large pot. Boil 15-20 minutes. Turn off heat, stir in cheese. Serve with sour cream and tortilla chips.


I am going to make this in the crockpot for the first time tomorrow. I plan to put all but the cheese into the crockpot before church and let it cook on high until we get home. I'll stir in the cheese before we head up to small groups. My kids really like this. I usually reserve a little chili without the cheese for them but they always want seconds of the spicier version.

And because I LOVE to bake I will be making these cookies for tomorrow as well.

No comments: