Sunday, August 22, 2010

Create with Me - August Project


I've been wanting to do a project all summer with Kari over at UCreate (u-createcrafts.com). She started Create with Me back in June. I was really hoping to makeover my bathroom mirror in July by framing it but I had to paint the front porch, and though it is small it took weeks because of the heat and being poorly advised as to what type of paint to use. 
Anyways .....
When I saw the project for August I just knew I would have to MAKE time to do it! I found the time last night and created a quilted table runner. The tutorial can be found here ----> http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/08/table-runner-tutorial.html


I LOVE it! I didn't quilt it quite as much as noted in the tutorial ... I am still thinking about going back and adding some ribbon to jazz it up a bit.


I wanted something fallish so I dug through my fabric pile and found the paisly and the diamond print. I picked up the green at Hobby Lobby.


I love the paisly print! My mother-in-law made pinafores from it for my daughters a couple years ago. They wore them for old fashion Sunday at church! I was excited to have some left for this project!


I think it looks great on our entertainment cabinet! Please ignore the fact that the pictures of my girls are over 3 years old and that I don't have an 8x10 of my son anywhere in this house.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

It's so pretty! I like the way you set up the table, too, with the photo frames and pumpkins and such. THanks for sharing!